SchoolNet Project 2008-2009
In addition to SchoolNet Project 2008-2009, entitled "Protection of intellectual property: is it duty or necessity?", other projects will be proposed by the SchoolNet coordinators in all secondary schools who would submit their projects at a workshop which will be hold on December, 22, 2008 (clic on Arabic version)
The intellectual property is one of the most important topics in the world of economy and business management. It has become intertwined directly within the formulation of policies and international relations, social, and economic, etc. .... The law of intellectual property protection is to protect the precious treasure of the country's wealth, that is, the reason. Also, the law aimed at keeping the creative rights resulting primarily from human thought and all the mental effort, which is formed of different ways: writing books, writing scientific articles, innovating management methods, illustrations, audio-visual films, and the most important right that has emerged in the present day is the computer development programs. The countries have followed routine procedures for the conservation of this right, i.e., the authority to obtain copyright and patent terms to ensure that the person preserves the copies of his property from forgery and theft - the piracy in general - and this authority could be given to an individual or to a company or group, which allows the owner to benefit from the production and disposal of his intellect away from the concept of monopoly.
We have proved that the law of intellectual property protection upon its application on developed countries led to the further growth of societies, as well as to the economic and human development... It is the key to creating new ideas and to the development of industries.
“Protection of Intellectual Property: a Duty or a Necessity?”
Schoolnet Lebanon, Microsoft, Educational Association for IT Development (EAID), IEA-Lebanon,
Project Participants are groups of five to ten secondary students each, in public and private schools
How to participate
Participating in SchoolNet project for the academic year 2008-2009 can be done through two means: optional and obligatory. Each group is to register its participation in the project through a letter sent on behalf of the students directly through the existing forum page for Schools in 2009, in which students provide a brief summary of the subject chosen, and this would be considered as a registration to participate in the project.
The optional project is organized by the Coordinator and his/her students through presenting a full description of the project on CD. The project must be presented either in the workshop held at the Ministry of Education and Higher Education on Monday, 22 December 2008, or through sending it to the principal of Schoolnet Mr Abdou Yammine at the Mailbox of Beit Chabab Secondary School at the Secondary Directorate
The obligatory project consists of a discussion on the issue of protecting intellectual property rights through the following:
1. Explaining the meaning of intellectual property and clarifying its landmarks.
2. A comparative study of Lebanese and international laws for the protection of intellectual property and develop proposals - if possible - to develop these laws.
3. The establishment of a promotional campaign on the subject of protecting intellectual property within the school, and the student must explain his vision of this campaign through a Power Point presentation.
4. Participating in the promotional fair for the protection of intellectual property rights which will be held at the Ministry of Education and Higher Education during the last week of the project. This fair would include posters, bookmarks, badges, key rings, or greeting cards ...etc.
Project implementation schedule
The project will be launched from mid-December 2008 until May 2009. The students’ works will be published on the Internet on an ongoing basis through the Schools Forum, which gives these students space for direct dialogue with each other through the network, and the project will be evaluated in mid-April 2008. In addition, the distinctive projects will be exhibited at a ceremony under the patronage of Minister of Education and Higher Education
Tests, articles, reports, publications, pictures, artistic photos, and participation in activities designed to promote the Intellectual Property Rights and other topics. These will be posted on website: www.schoolnet.edu.lb.
Mainly the Arabic language, added to it either French or English
Implementation of the project area in the school curriculum
Languages, civic education, social sciences, history, geography, technology, and economy. Students are to present their projects in two languages: Arabic, and French or English
Project coordinators are to follow a workshop for the participating schools held on December 22, 2008 to explain how to make an educational project, and provide educational and organizational guidance.
Coordinators of the project in the secondary schools
Teachers agreed upon the principals of Secondary schools after the acceptance of the Secondary Schools Directorate
Coordinators of the project in the Districts
The coordinators of the project in the Districts who are assigned by Resolution No. 325, as amended, the date of 24/4/2004 as follows: Dad and Elias (North) Patricia Khuri (Mount Lebanon), Najat Mirza (Beirut) coastal Narcissus (South) Zainab Abbas (Nabatieh) and Souad Al-Murtaza ( Bekaa)
Abdou-Yammine General Coordinator of Web Projects at the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Mrs. Eliane Matni, IEA coordinator and Schoolnet committee member will help in the coordination
Committee overseeing the project
Mr. Fadi Yarak General Director of Education, Director of Secondary Schools, Dr. Bilal Shbarro, Dr. Raymond Khoury, Mr Khalil Abdul Massih, Elian Matni, and Abdou Yammine
Scheduling the implementation of the project
it is a letter prepared by the teachers who supervise the research that are conducted by students.
This letter should include a brief synopsis about the protection of the Intellectual Property in the school and its role in the development of critical thinking and scientific research of students in general.
Leading question: it’s a question that poses an idea about “Intellectual Property Rights” to become a subject of discussion among students. The discussion should take place on line, particularly on SchoolNet forum. The aim is to enrich students’ research and their knowledge.
Indicators of quality expected in the project.
At the end of this project, students should demonstrate the ability and skill to hold their arguments and support their views with respect to the following questions:
1. Have their skills improved as the result of this project? If yes, in which ways and to what levels?
2. What are the factors that encourage the Intellectual Property Rights?
3. What are the lessons learned from learning the Intellectual Property Rights in their education process?
4. What are their views about the impact of denying the piracy as encouraging the creation?
5. What competency development on the practical and reflective levels have they gained?
6. What is their attitude towards the implementation /rule of intellectual property rights?
Evaluation of achievement
To accomplish a complete project, students must be able to:
· Define their leading question.
· Demonstrate its correlation to her/his own life/community.
· Find appropriate resources.
· Conduct a research.
· Analyze/cross-compare and/or synthesize.
· Compile the data
· Document and reference their work.
· Present their work in a report form.
· Prepare a Power Point presentation.
· Realize a mural to be used as a slogan for the protection of intellectual property..
The assessment will set the Higher Committee for all projects submitted would be based on the following criteria:
These are some examples of addresses for promotional materials can be used in posters, greeting cards or fees or any other nation can Eptdaha student.
- Get real.
- To combat piracy
- Do not sell your handful of money
- Stay away from pirated goods
- No crime against funded thought
- Do not use pirated software
- Support the creation
- Participation in the files of other illegal act
- Helped in the protection of intellectual property rights
- Copies of books does not encourage illegal
- No to falsification
- A real shop
- Reap the fruits of creativity and respect intellectual property
- Innovation is the wealth of intellectual property
- Let's Tejeliyn, creative. And we hold intellectual property rights
- Contributed to the World Intellectual Property Day
- Your participated in the other and to protect your rights. Register your invention patent: the world has helped yourself
- Happy New Year and Happy legal download
- Consolidate bona
- No fake general
Intellectual property is any form of knowledge or expression created in part or in whole by a smart and has legal protection. It is a process to create, such as invention, a piece of writing, painting, design, a piece of music, but the invention is a product that is unique to human thought of a person skilled in the field of invention. Individuals or institutions can have a creative products and innovations such as property of the material. And the author of intellectual property to control their use and receive a just allowance, if IP value in the market.
There are four main types of basic forms of intellectual property protection:
2. Trademarks and trade identity
3. Industrial Designs
4. Copyright of literary and artistic material, music, films, sound recordings and broadcasts, including software and multimedia ..
The issue of intellectual property is of great importance in regard to a sensitive and serious issue. The developments in the areas of computer technology and innovations increase the important of this topic, which results in the emergence of new and sophisticated means to share knowledge through an easy and effective way.
Is still obsessed with the protection of intellectual property rights is the concern of intellectuals, with the spread of modern techniques and methods of electronic publishing, the task of protection is more complicated than a challenge to the least interested in serious and requires them to find more effective mechanisms to cope with high-tech methods, which facilitated the process of intellectual robbery.
Intellectual property is divided into:
The industrial property rights are those rights which are the new innovations or distinctive insignia used in either product differentiation or discrimination in businesses.
First: The rights to new innovations
o innovations of the new utilitarian value
o the emergence of product design
o innovations of the new aesthetic value
Second: The rights to the designs of the appearance of the product
• Industrial mark
• service mark
Literary and artistic property
Divided literary and artistic property into two categories: copyright and related rights. Copyright includes literary works such as novels, poems, plays, newspapers, computer programs and databases, films and musical and dance designs and artistic works such as paintings, drawings and photographs, sculptures and works of architecture and geographic maps and technical fees. The rights include copyright neighboring rights similar, namely:
The rights of performers (such as actors and musicians) in the performance
And the rights of producers of sound recordings (such as tape recordings and compact discs) in their registrations
And the rights of broadcasters in their radio and television
And the rights of publishers in the work published
The impact of intellectual property protection to develop the investment climate
Is the importance of protecting intellectual property rights in:
• their relationship to serve investors
• relationship marketing and investment promotion
• relation to the development of areas
• their relationship to the creation of new investors
• Improving the investment climate
Did not know the laws of their own property only in the mid-nineteenth century with the development of the industrial revolution and the transformation of discoveries industries directly affected the capacity of States and their relations. Have emerged in this regard, several laws relating to patent, which has given inventors instruments of similar instruments of property ownership for a specified period of time allowed for all end with the use of this invention for their own interest or the public interest. Other laws have also prevent various forms of cloning, ranked a publication typographical and sound recordings and works of art, videos and translate these products to other languages and the rights of copyright publications or through the use of the Internet. But you have these laws to prevent piracy on the Internet or cancellation of works and theft and other fraud, and whether these laws have separation between the intellectual property right and monopoly?
The Lebanese know our place in this area must answer the following questions:
• What legislation which protects literary and artistic property in Lebanon?
• What are the rights granted by the law and protects literary and artistic property?
• What are the provisional measures and sanctions imposed by the law?
• How to combat acts of piracy?
• What is the relationship between Lebanon, the World Intellectual Property Organization WIPO
• What legislation did not notice that you will find the law necessary to preserve the intellectual property?
The protection of intellectual property rights is closely linked to six initiatives
I - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights and their relation to serve Lebanese investors
II - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights and its relation to marketing and promotion of investment in Lebanon
III - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights and their relation to the development of areas
IV - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights and their impact on the creation of new investors
V. - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights and their relation to the development of specific sectors
VI - The importance of protecting intellectual property rights to improve investment climate
Who protects the intellectual property?
The concern of intellectuals is still obsessed with the protection of intellectual property rights. With the spread of modern techniques of electronic means of publication, this task of protection has become more complex which poses a serious challenge to the least interested, and ask them to find more effective mechanisms to cope with high-tech methods, which facilitates the process of intellectual robbery.
Necessary Addresses to introduce a draft Project by each Coordinator
Name of Project
Brief one-sentence description of project
Full description of project
Age/level of project participants
Timetable/Schedule for the project
Names/email of initial participating groups:
School level of project participants
Indicators of quality expected in the project
Evaluation of achievement
To accomplish a complete project, students must be able toEvaluation Guidelines
Guidance on Evaluation